The Forestry Kit was designed to suit the needs of Arborists, Loggers, and all tree care professionals. A day working with trees can be hard work. Our goal with this kit was to make that work easier.
The Forestry Kit is designed to make pulling logs, stumps, and felling trees quicker and less labor-intensive. This kit features the PCW5000 Portable Winch, our most popular and powerful model. This Winch can pull up to 2200lbs of logs, stump, branches, and shrub while only weighing 35lbs. The light weight of the Winch allows it to be taken from deep in the forest to a customer’s back-yard. Along with the Winch, the Forestry kit includes many accessories, such as two Polyester Slings used to attach the Winch to a tree, and 164 ft. of ½” Double Braided Polyester Rope and Rope Bag designed specifically for the PCW5000’s Capstan Drum technology.
To help attach the Winch to the load you need to pull we have included a Skidding Cone and Choker Chain in this kit. The Skidding Cone will help ease the pull, and allows you to pull multiple logs at once! The Chocker Chain helps in the loading of the Skidding Cone, or can be used independently as a pulling attachment.
Also included in this kit are a Grab Hook, Snatch Block, and two carabiners to help assist your pulling needs. Use these accessories to pull even heavier loads more securely than the Winch is capable of alone.
The Forestry Kit includes the following:
- Gas powered winch (PCW5000) with Max. pulling force : 2200 lbs.
- Polyester sling (PCA-1260) - 2" x 6 ft.
- Double braided polyester rope (PCA-1215M) - 1/2" x 164 ft.
- Rope bag - vinyl (PCA-1255) - Holds 1/2" x 164 ft.
- Stainless steel swing side snatch block (PCA-1274)
- Polyester sling (PCA-1259) - 2" x 8 ft.
- Steel oval locking carabiner - (x2) (PCA-1276)
- Grab hook with latch and 3 chain links (PCA-1282)
- Skidding cone for logs up to 20" diameter (PCA-1290)
- Choker Chain - 0.25" x 6 ft.w/ C-hook and steel rod (PCA-1295)